Sarah lives on the Central Coast and has served her communities – from her Northern Beaches origins, and throughout and across Sydney, Central Coast and Newcastle – as a holistic celebrant for 18 years and as a funeral director for since 2016.
Sarah invites families to participate, get creative and be empowered to mourn and celebrate in the ways that are meaningful and right for them.
In amidst the disruption, turmoil and even trauma of a death and grief, Sarah’s skill is guiding her families with love, care, compassion, and a ‘gentle strength’ to focus on the life and the love.
Sarah can offer a complete and holistic funeral practice and death care service. She is also trained as a death doula and grief therapist and worked for many years as a non-religious Hospital Chaplain as part of the Pastoral Care Team at Gosford Hospital. Her suite of services include:
• Complete & Holistic Funeral Directorial Service – funeral planning & arrangements, funeral conducting and bespoke ceremonial services;
• Holistic Celebrant Services – creating authentic, beautiful, meaningful and empowering ceremonies with care, love and realness.
• Emotional, relational and spiritual ‘pastoral’ care and personal coaching through illness, dying and death (as well as grief & bereavement specialist counselling);
• Development of support plans and facilitating the conversations at difficult times of treatment/or end of treatment, palliative care and final living pathways;
• Presence and guidance for the family during the active phase of death;
• After death care (including body rituals such as home vigils, washing/dressing, anointing, shrouding and funeral rites).
Sarah is never far from a beach or on a hiking trail or at a live music gig. She is always looking for any excuse to swim, meditate, laugh, dance and sing! And drink good Champagne!
Sarah has a free video series you can watch: Landscapes of Life & Love and Loss: Traversing the pathways of dying, death and grief.
To understand more about how she can assist you, feel free to reach out.
Email: [email protected] or call on 0418 640 901
Testimonial from the Cooper Family:
You made what started off being very traumatic time become a time of something of extreme love and sharing. You took the bull by the horns from the moment you first walked into our turned upside down, chaotic, grieving lives, you were able to guide us into an orderly and somewhat absolute peaceful path. You have a wonderful gift Sarah and according to everyone I spoke at the service a very special way of delivering and sharing it with grieving souls. It was even suggested to me by several people that it was the best service that they had ever attended.
Thank you again with deep gratitude and a truck load of love.